In the recent ease of coronavirus-related restrictions, the Sindh government on Friday extended the business timings to 10pm and allowed indoor dining for fully vaccinated people. And as per notification shared by the information cell of the Sindh government it says:
- Businesses are allowed to remain open till 10pm.
- Bakeries and dairy shops are allowed to remain open till 12am.
- Hotels, restaurants and cafes are allowed to resume both indoor and outdoor dining till 12am while maintaining a distance of three feet between customers.
- Indoor dining is allowed at 50 per cent capacity only for vaccinated people and all hotels, restaurants and cafes will have to check the vaccination certificates for these customers.
- Drive-thru, takeaway and delivery are open 24/7.
- Outdoor marriages and functions are allowed with up to 400 people while maintaining a distance of three feet. Indoor weddings are allowed with up to 200 vaccinated people and the management will have to check the vaccination certificates.
- Shrines are allowed to open subject to strict standard operating procedures.
- Cinemas and theaters are allowed to remain open till 1am only for vaccinated people.
- Indoor gyms are allowed to open only for vaccinated people.
- Amusement parks, swimming pools and arcades are allowed to open with 50pc occupancy.
- Public transport is allowed to operate with 70pc occupancy.
- All offices, public and private, are allowed to function at 100pc occupancy.
- Sunday will be observed as a ‘safe day’ in Karachi, other divisions will decide their own safe days. All types of indoor and outdoor gatherings, including cultural, musical and religious events are prohibited.
As per the notification, the provincial government issued a list of general guidelines, directing all businesses and organizations to ensure their staff are vaccinated at the earliest, as Vaccination would become one of the prerequisite for future decisions on easing or tightening of restrictions. Plus the government will start random checking of the vaccination status of staff soon.
Last week, the National Command and Operation Center (NCOC) had allowed the resumption of indoor dining for vaccinated individuals, subject to 50pc occupancy, along with a number of other decisions to be implemented from July 1 to 31.