How to Block SIM If Stolen, If your SIM card gets stolen in Pakistan, it’s important to block it immediately to prevent unauthorized access to your phone number and data. Here’s how to do it:
- Contact your mobile service provider: Call your mobile service provider’s helpline (Ufone: call on 333, Jazz: call on 111, Zong: call on 310, Telenor: call on 345) as soon as possible to report that your SIM card has been stolen. You will need to provide them with your phone number, and they will ask you some security questions to verify your identity.
- Provide the required details: You will be asked to provide the details of the stolen SIM card, such as the SIM card number (printed on the back of the card), your name, your NIC number, and any other details that your service provider may require.
- Request the block: Request that your SIM card be blocked immediately. Your service provider will then block the SIM card, and it will no longer be able to make or receive calls, send or receive messages, or access mobile data services.
- Follow up: After blocking the SIM card, ask your service provider for a new SIM card with the same phone number. Your service provider may require you to visit their service center with your NIC to verify your identity and get a new SIM card.
Number of SIMS Registered Against Your CNIC
- Go to the SMS application on your mobile.
- Write your full 13 digits CNIC number without hyphens.
- Send to 668.
How to Block SIM Via Helpline
- Call the helpline.
- Register your case.
- Ask for the cancelation of your SIM.
The telecom company mostly even offers to deliver the duplicate SIM at your doorstep without any extra charges.
How to Block Your SIM Card Via Franchise
Go to the nearest franchise and get the SIM card canceled.
Customer Service Numbers
You can reach your network on the following helpline numbers:
Ufone: call on 333
Jazz: call on 111
Zong: call on 310
Telenor: call on 345
It’s important to act quickly if your SIM card gets stolen, as it can be used for fraudulent activities such as making unauthorized calls or accessing your personal information. By following the steps above, you can protect yourself from potential harm and ensure that your mobile number remains secure.